Friday, January 6, 2012

My Inspiration: The Pursuit of Happyness

Hello all, and hope you all had a great New Years!

To start off this year, I thought it would be a great idea to discuss the source of my inspiration for creating this blog-The Pursuit of Happyness. This is autobiography, by Chris Gardener, is about a his struggle in single-handedly raising a child from homeless conditions to eventually becoming rich as a wildly popular stockbroker, without any college education.

Granted this book is a classic “rags-to-riches” story and a rather simple book, but nonetheless, it shows unwavering determination to better his and his child’s future, no matter what the circumstance. The book is very captivating and makes the reader want to turn the page to find out how he plans to fend for himself. His struggle in a first-world society with third-world problems is what captivates me, but perhaps the most admirable moral of all is that he never gives up hope.

As a reader, it makes me realize "that struggle is the meaning of life," truly. No matter how big or small, we all fight a unique war in life and it affects us all differently, but the most important thing is to have the determination to keep the strength, hope and courage to face and get through the problems. It also makes me realize to appreciate what I have, rather than complain for what I do not, and to continue to aspire to make a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment